Hendrik KerstenPLANNING AND LOGISTICS
EDUCATION: International Business, Lancaster University, UK
WORK: Marketing Project Manager, Microvention
Hendrik is no stranger to the Yukon Territory, having led a 34 day expedition there in 2012 and spending three months in a musher’s camp. This experience greatly strengthed his expedition planning and organisational skills, which will be put to the test in leading the practical element of this expedition.
His ability to ground his dreams and turn them into successful projects is what makes him an invaluable addition to this duo.
- Leader of Klondike Gold Express Expedition: A 550km trek over 34 days, navigating the Old Dawson Trail.
- Three months in a musher’s camp, training a young team of dogs for the next 1,600km Yukon Quest race.
Matt LazenburyMEDIA AND MARKETING
EDUCATION: Entrepreneurship & Management, Lancaster University, UK
WORK: Digital Marketing Strategist, Overthrow Digital
With 8 years web design and 3 years digital marketing experience in a London based agency, Matt is the ideal candidate to create and execute the post-expedition marketing plan.
The skills and expertise which will be most valuable to this expedition are Matt’s specialism in social media and content marketing strategy.
- A 4,000km hitch-hike from England to Istanbul, through 10 countries.
- Ski touring and survival skills expedition in the French Alps.
- Two competitive yacht sailing expeditions with the British Army around the waters of Germany and the Danish Fjords.